Project Controls Manager - Mining
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Natural resources
Do you want to be part of our successful Natural Resources team supporting a top Mining & Metal's client for Turner & Townsend in on a Project in Labrador City? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Project Controls Manager to work in our growing team. You can be based from either Montreal, Calgary or Toronto for this role but will be required to travel to site regularly.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Bilingual (French) Project Controls Manager with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
As Project Controls Manager, you will deliver, maintain and manage a standard and consistent full suite of Project Controls, i.e. Cost Estimating, Cost Management, Planning & Scheduling, Risk Management, Contract Administration and Information Management Delivery to a Program Management Office (PMO).
Depending on the development phase of the projects within program, accountabilities can be summarized as management and enablement of the following activities:
- Establish and implement the project controls process and system
- Lead the development of cost management, planning and progress monitoring procedures
- Provide project management support in the development of the work breakdown structure, activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule, i.e. baseline
- Apply probabilistic techniques to determine and communicate the possible range of cost and schedule outcomes for the project
- Review scope change requests for the total installed cost & schedule impact
- Identify, implement and maintain the complete controls structure, tools and procedures needed for the program based on the contracting strategy, execution plan and the risks identified for different projects
- Provide strategic guidance to the program controls team consistent with the different project’s execution strategy
- Business Development – Being aware and proactive to highlight potential opportunities to Associate Directors and Directors
- Staff management– Input into performance review process of consultants and graduate consultants
- Recruitment - Inclusion in selection and recruitment process, including interviews
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Engineering / Construction Management / Quantity Surveying Degree and/or Certification as Project Controls Manager or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience in project controls management positions across all project phases
- Confident and able to lead projects in own right, but when necessary to work as part of a senior delivery team
- Strong interpersonal skills to train and develop teams
- Robust and methodical analytical skills, adaptable, with experience leading effective teams
- Experience in driving new and existing business development opportunities
- Able to prepare, define and lead on bid proposals, and work closely alongside other Associate Directors and Directors
- Excellent verbal and written English & French communication skills, with excellent report writing skills and demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to relate and communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds at all levels in the industry.
Please provide an English & French resume
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.