Senior Project Controls Lead - Environmental Services/Remediation Projects
- Houston, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Lead a multi -functional project controls team, working collaboratively with the client’s Project Pre-Execution specialists, Execution teams and supply chain to provide a realistic baseline budget, schedule and embed effective controls to monitor progress, manage issues and mitigate slippage to drive delivery and enable successful project outcomes.
- Embed a robust breakdown structure, integrating the data from each of the controls functions
- Coordinate and lead estimation efforts to reach an agreed, market tested cost baseline with a focus on value for money and budget realism.
- Coordinate and lead planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project/program schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration.
- Understand Agile project management processes, expertise in Earned value analysis to report out project cost and schedule performance on monthly basis.
- Manage the risk management process, support qualitative and quantitative analysis to support cost and schedule predictability.
- Stakeholders management ensuring all key stakeholders sign off the baseline budget/schedule
- Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators, reporting effectively any remedial actions in order to drive best value for clients.
- Manage and Lead change management and control process and workflow, providing a platform for adding/tracking/monitoring/approving change in a timely fashion.
- Guide and influence client’s advance supplier relationships with contractors by working with them to derive delivery KPIs and achieve successful outcomes for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Building Science or a minimum 5 years of environmental services industry related experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or AACE or RICS certification is preferred but not essential
Skills & Experience
- 10-15 years of Project Controls experience with earthwork, soil or environmental remediation, Oil & Gas projects, previous construction/environmental consulting experience would be a desirable
- Basic knowledge and understanding of groundwater and soil sampling equipment, construction equipment, materials and techniques related to environmental construction and/or remediation
- Must have a working knowledge of materials testing, monitoring related to earthwork and environmental remediation
- Must have the ability to interpret design drawings, model assumptions, reports and data effectively to manage deliverables on multiple projects and multiple stakeholders simultaneously. Requires effective and professional communication skills, including both written and verbal skills to manage, track and report multiple projects while maintaining strong relationships with clients, contractors and consultants.
- Position requires to collaborate regularly in agile manner with project management teams in a construction environment. May require approx. 10% travel to job-site locations as needed throughout the region, project sites may have potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and others site conditions.
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking and ability to meet project deadlines as necessary.
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion for delivering to your clients and can work independently.
- Ability to regularly climb, verify work in confined spaces, or at heights and around heavy equipment required
Additional Preferred Software skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Power BI, Word, Excel, MS Project, & PowerPoint required to create project control reports with a high level of accuracy
- Working knowledge and experience with Cost X/Blue beam, Primavera P6, or related cost estimation and scheduling software is a desirable
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.