Project Controls Engineer
- Belfast, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Control Engineer to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with our partners and clients within the Utilities sector.
Working with project managers, cost and planning engineers to develop work breakdown structures and robust performance baselines, establishing progress and cost monitoring methods, producing project control reports and providing performance analysis and recommendations for our clients.
Commissions will vary from large multi – year frameworks to shorter periods of advisory support and the individual should be prepared to be part of a large team or act as the key day to day contact point with the client.
- Previous experience working in a project controls environment on a major project or programme within the Infrastructure sector (either water, rail or aviation) would be beneficial.
- In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding/experience of the following:
- P6 /MSP/ equivalent schedule development and administration,
- progress updating,
- cost control,
- change control,
- baseline management, and
- You will be expected to be numerate and computer literate, highly competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, planning software such as Primavera or MSP and utilising reporting databases.
- You will also be familiar with financial/procurement systems such as Oracle and SAP and web-based project control tools.
- Typically, a qualified graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 - 5 years relevant work experience or previous proven experience in a project control environment.
- Some management experience is desirable.
- PCM’s should be proactive, self-starters with well-developed communications and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Right to work in the United Kingdom.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.