Estimator - Infrastructure
- Manchester, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the UK Infrastructure sector. Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry leading services to our clients. We are looking to recruit a Rail Estimator, with proven industry experience to undertake duties on a number of high profile rail projects in London.
The Estimator will be working as part of the client’s Estimating function, producing detailed resourced based estimates to evaluate design changes, maintain the baseline cost, and challenge contractors’ estimates. You will report directly to our Regional Estimating Manager.
As a Turner & Townsend Estimator you will be responsible for:
- Production of accurate and comprehensive estimates for projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Control and management of the estimating process at project level;
- Production of estimates without management or supervision;
- Supporting development and promotion of estimating good practice within Turner & Townsend;
- Assisting in the achievement of departmental objectives;
- Staying abreast of developments within own technical area of expertise to be able to give best practice advice in line with business objectives.
- Qualified to high standard in Estimating or Quantity Surveying with proven relevant experience;
- Wide and varied experience of construction projects;
- Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in a large project environment;
- Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment processes;
- Capacity to be able to use RIB Construction Suite/iTWO to Intermediate User standard;
- Desirable Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level;
- Preferred degree in quantity surveying or associated construction field;
- Desirable membership of RICS / CIOB /A. Cost E.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/