Security Clearance Coordinator
- Bristol, UK
- Department: Business support
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend are an industry leading independent professional services company and have an opportunity for an individual to join our growing Defence and Security team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To be able to work in the Defence and Security sector, individuals must be vetted to an appropriate level so they can work with sensitive material. Reporting to the Security Controller, and based in the Bristol office, you will be part of the small team managing the clearance and compliance process for employees and contractors; conducting pre-vetting checks, ensuring candidates are prepared for the vetting process and supporting ongoing aftercare.
Once inducted and appropriately trained, you will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations. The role will entail routine liaison with the HR team, the various commission resourcing leads as well as external agencies such as the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to undertake additional security screening.
· Process BPSS checks and enable formal security vetting for the full spectrum of staff employed by Turner & Townsend.
· Act as the principal contact for commission resourcing teams; reporting updates, progress on active cases and managing expectations.
· Take ownership of individual cases ensuring all casework and queries are resolved accurately and escalating to the Security Controller when appropriate.
· Checking and verifying references.
· Act as principal point of contact and create and check vetting packs prior to submission for commissions where independent vetting is mandatory.
· Coordinate security induction training for all successful candidates.
· Generate any required supporting documents for candidates prior to deployment on commissions for which you are the lead.
· Support and advice to commission resourcing teams on personnel security matters.
· Assist in wider security related duties (office based).
This role reports to the Security Controller.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· All BPSS checks are correctly completed and documented prior to being put forward for authorisation.
· All successful candidates are loaded onto induction training within 10 working days of their clearance notification.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
· Must pass both Baseline Personnel Security Standard check and UKSV SC clearance – these will be conducted during the probation period and are mandatory for this role.
· MS Office 365 proficient.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Proactive, resilient and discreet.
· Organised and capable of working independently.
· Able to quickly develop and maintain good working relationships with key supporting staff.
· Able to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
· Experience of working in regulated environments.
· Knowledge of UKSV processes, security clearance levels and the associated requirements.
· Knowledge of other personnel security checks and vetting processes.
· Awareness of the Government Security Classification (GSC) levels.
· Awareness of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
· Knowledge of the UK immigration and visa system
· Ability to analyse a problem and identify a range of solutions
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
The Turner and Townsend Model for Excellence supports our people to realise their potential by providing clarity of the expected competencies at each level and encouraging people to continuously improve. This role requires the following:
Responds to clients, seeking direction from manager where appropriate.
Builds relationships with clients, whether internal or external.
Establishes and maintains personal business network.
Recognises the cost implications of actions taken.
Interprets basic financial information.
Understands their role in identifying opportunities outside of own business area and how these are communicated to managers.
Produces accurate and concise written communication.
Clarifies understanding by listening and asking questions when appropriate.
Communicates ideas in a reasoned manner.
Displays self-confidence and a professional approach.
Supports others to meet team goals.
Is able to follow processes required within scope of role.
Is committed to delivering quality.
Drive and Commitment
Is committed to exceeding the requirements of their job.
Remains focused and effective under pressure.
Looks to the future and signs up for the challenges ahead.
Demonstrates drive and commitment to their role.
Uses initiative to decide how best to undertake tasks.
Shares credit for success.
Gains trust, support and respect of others.
Checks that information is correct, valid and comprehensive.
Makes decision within broad parameters whilst knowing when to refer the decision onwards.
Evaluates a situation based on facts, not just opinion.
Applies a solutions-based approach to delivery.
Working with others
Understands more can be achieved through teamwork.
Works to the common goals and objectives of the team.
Is responsive to the views of others and helps create a climate of cooperation.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/