Cost Consultant- Data Centers
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of our successful High tech & Manufacturing team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in Montreal or Toronto? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Cost Consultant to work in our growing team on Data Center projects
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are a Cost Consultant with Data Center construction experience .with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment.
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our clients with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management and project delivery. We are seeking an experienced Cost Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with our clients and drive these projects to achieve excellent outcomes. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
This role is to provide cost control and estimating services on our technology client’s Data Center construction programs. To be successful in this role you must have great communication skills and be comfortable operating in a client-facing role
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the construction lifecycle.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from NPA, subs, quantities from A/Es,.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
You will also be responsible for:
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience on major projects and programs.
- Minimum of 2 years of onsite construction management experience.
- Proven record of successfully delivering major projects or programs.
Key Required Attributes:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to supervise team members.
- Multitasking and time management in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to bring innovation to existing processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills with a strong ability in data visualization.
- A good understanding of standard forms of contract.
- Master's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or a related technical field.
- Accreditation by AACE, PMI, or similar associations.
- Project Management / Delivery within the Data Center space.
- Previous contract management experience.
- Previous experience in data analytics.
- Ability within Data Studio/Tableau.
- Bilingual with French would be highly advantageous
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/