Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
- George Town, Penang, Malaysia
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
- To lead the team in managing the project inclusive of cost planning, consultant and contractor procurement, design management, construction management until project completion and handover.
- To be responsible for overall project management in ensuring the quality, cost, statutory, safety and environment issues and project scheduling requirements are met
- To support with the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- To identify and ensure that the appropriate line manager is aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- To maintain effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- To manage the implementation of the master programme, manpower, materials & plant schedules
- Responsible for the project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- To lead and facilitate the overall cross-functional project team
- To manage the change control process
- To monitor and advise upon project finances
- To manage the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- To prepare master programme, formal project progress and other reports
- To take a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- To manage the preparation of reports (including bi-weekly project reports, tender recommendation report, etc)
- Lead the procurement of consultants and trade contractors; coordinate design meetings with client, consultant and contractors.
- Conduct site inspections on progress and quality assessments, valuation etc.
- To ensure that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- To ensure prompt client invoicing and utilising of internal accounting systems in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Any other work related tasks or duties deemed required and assigned by the management / line manager.
- Degree qualifications in construction management, electrical / mechanical engineering or similar function
- Minimum 8 - 15 years’ experience with hi-technology, manufacturing, industrial and semi-conductor in major mega projects internationally.
- Experience and knowledge of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Experience in managing contractors in pre and post contract stages and managing tendering process will be preferred
- Experience of leading project management commissions for medium to large sized general construction projects of medium to large complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment, to meet often tight deadlines, and to work pro-actively as part of a committed team
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Office suite of products.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/