Associate Director - Cost Management / Lead Cost Manager
- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
The Middle East Region employs circa 550 staff across the Real Estate, Infrastructure and Natural Resource sectors.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To performs the role of the Commission Manager, taking overall responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
- To lead, guide and advise the cost management team to ensure a quality, time managed service to meet client and business operational requirements.
Commission Management to include:
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all accountabilities and project commission requirements.
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities.
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients.
- Conducting staff performance reviews and contribute to staff development.
- Contributing to Turner & Townsend knowledge management processes.
Pre-Contract Commission Management:
- Conducting feasibility and Benchmarking studies and presenting to clients.
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the cost plan.
- Leading and driving the Value Management process from the outset of a project.
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively where required.
- Managing Life cycle costing where required.
Post-Contract Commission Management:
- Managing post-contract services ensuring robust Contract Administration processes are followed.
- Ensure cost control and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring the production of high quality monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Significant experience working in a similar role for a recognised Cost Consultancy in Abu Dhabi or UAE is essential.
- Significant experience of end-to-end delivery of Real Estate commissions across a range of sectors is essential.
- Preferable sector experience includes Residential, Hospitality, Commercial, Healthcare, Education, High-tech and Manufacturing, Retail, Fit-Out, Roads and Utilities.
- Preferably MRICS.
- Excellent knowledge of standard methods of measurement including NRM and CESMM.
- Excellent knowledge of various forms of construction contract including FIDIC.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com