- Belfast, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost and commercial management and advisory across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. Our Infrastructure Division is involved in some of the world’s most exciting capital development programmes, including aviation, rail, water, nuclear and power.
Due to continued growth in our Belfast Office, our Cost Management team in Belfast are looking to appoint a Cost Manager to work on exciting some exiting infrastructure developments.
Key Accountabilities to include:
- Manage and deliver projects through full project lifecycle from Feasibility/Business Case through to Completion.
- Establish strong working relationship with clients and key stakeholders
- Proactive and ambitious to support the delivery of cost management services on challenging project and programmes.
- Commissions will vary from large scale multi – year infrastructure programmes to shorter periods of advisory support. Role will suit an individual who feels comfortable working as part of a large team or acting independently as the key day to day contact point with the client, with support from the wider cost management team.
Typical activities pre and post contract administration activities for our clients, including;
- Cost planning – all project stages
- Benchmarking of costs
- Report writing
- Procurement (knowledge of public procurement would be beneficial
- Pre and Post Contract Administration, including with NEC or FIDIC type contracts
- Post Contract Cost Control & Reporting
- Value Management and Engineering
- Final accounts
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Support identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the appropriate line manager
- Assisting in the production of bid documentation
- Role will suit a highly motivated individual who is an ambitious and is looking for an opportunity to develop personally with a clear path for progression.
- Competency in utilising computer software for cost planning and contract administration would be beneficial.
- Familiar and have demonstrable experience of both pre- and post-contract roles
- Experience in administering standard forms of contact including the NEC form of Contract.
- Experience in cost management of projects within infrastructure sector preferred but not essential
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment to manage client expectations and deliver high quality service.
- Qualified graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience or previous proven experience in a cost management environment.
- Ideally you will be working toward your RICS or SCSI Chartership, although individual circumstances will be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Right to work in the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/