Associate Director - Cost Management
- Leeds, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Infrastructure sector, we are looking to recruit an Associate Director level, Senior Cost Manager / Commercial Manager to undertake a lead role on a number of high profile rail projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- The Associate Director performs the role of the Commission Manager, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex commissions.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
Commission Management, to include:
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving Turner & Townsend’s specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Staff management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management of Senior Cost Managers and Assistant Cost Managers or small cost management team, to include 2nd round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management
- Experience of working on major Rail projects
- Proven Cost / Commercial Management experience
- Preferably MRICS
- NEC3 contracts (in particular Option C – Target Cost)
- Post contract administration
- Experience of working on Major Programmes and Projects
- Experience of working in the Infrastructure (Rail, air, power, highways)
- Experience in leading and managing teams
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/