Project Controls Manager- Risk, Bristol
- Bristol, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are seeking experienced Projects Controls Risk Managers with proven experience in a risk delivery role on major projects/programmes.
The responsibilities of the Projects Controls Risk Managers include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate identification, assessment, mitigation and prioritisation of threats, opportunities within a programme.
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk exposure profiling, timely draw down of risk contingency or retirement of threat/opportunity.
- Use risk data to inform funding decisions and annual planning cycles.
- Understanding or proven application of change management process for impacted threats and opportunities to the Project Management Baseline.
- Support Project Managers with identification and recording of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, to inform the post mitigated positions.
- Drive a proactive approach to the achievement of management responses to help deliver target positions and reduce exposure.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses to help deliver target positions.
- Work with contractors to assess contractor held risks and their views on client held risks that impact upon them.
- Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunities.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels.
Substantial experience (10+) years in project controls management on major infrastructure projects
Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience
Chartered status or equivalent qualification, APM/IRM risk certified candidates preferred
Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk
Working understanding of an integrated risk management process (risk, cost and schedule) on a large programme
Threat mitigation and opportunity exploitation
Probabilistic modelling (@risk, PRA and P6 proficiency – or equivalent)
Risk workshop facilitation
Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills
Strong numerical and analytical skills
Promotion of equality in the workplace and adoption of appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
Expected to demonstrate experienced levels of competence with tools such as PRA, @risk, Safran or similar
Familiarity with web-based database tools – ARM, Predict, Tableau
Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, Business Intelligence (BI) tools and Knowledge and Proficiency with other project control software.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/