Project Manager - Highways
- Manchester, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with experience of Managing Highways and Road proejcts.
The role will include:
- project management of complex infrastructure schemes through the whole project lifecycle
- communication and information management
- management of the technical aspects of design, procurement, implementation and close-out in accordance with the programme
- co-ordination of all relevant parties of the project from inception to closeout
- assist clients in defining project requirements
- procurement and contract management
- facilitate and lead value management and value engineering exercises
- manage budgets
- stakeholder management and co-ordination of third party interfaces
- risk management
- building, management and leadership of teams
- relationships and contacts
- Key clients include rail companies.
- Power infrastructure projects are typically complex and involve engagement and co-ordination of a large number of stakeholders.
- Our project managers can be asked to act on behalf of our clients, lead negotiations and co-ordinate client and supplier teams.
- Experience of working on highways and roads projects
- NEC accredited or a thorough understanding of NEC contracts
- Degree qualified
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experienced in working on major highways projects
- Preferred if chartered/qualified with ICE, APM, RICS etc
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/