Senior Project controls Engineer - Cost, Defence
- Bristol, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
The Senior Project Controls Engineer (Sr. PCE) will work as part of our project controls team on a number of high profile infrastructure projects, predominantly providing cost management services to our clients.
Typical activities include working as part of a multidisciplinary team, liaising with the supply chain, maintaining and delivering timely and accurate cost data and reports, including forecasts, performance analysis, earned value, cash flows and monthly reports on the Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP). The Sr. PCE is expected to support the team by reviewing and interpreting the cost impact of trends and changes on the overall programme, produce project control reports and provide performance analysis and recommendations for our clients.
- Produce and maintain accurate cost and cash forecasts in alignment with the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS);
- Accurately maintain all cost data for the Programme within the financial control system, including monthly ACWP calculations;
- Co-ordinate and produce cost reports to a defined reporting cycle;
- Assist in the accurate assessment of the Estimate at Completion (EAC);
- Assist in the Trend & Change process, including production of Project Change Reports, breaking down of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities;
- Review, acceptance and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by Tier 1 Contractors and suppliers;
- Assist with the breaking down of earned value;
- Adhere to Project governance and Cost standards and procedures;
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress;
- Undertake and/or support the continuous improvement exercises through the performance of project reviews;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous experience (4+ years) working in a project controls environment on a major project or programme within the Infrastructure sector (Defence, Nuclear, Rail, Airport, Highways, Utilities);
- Knowledge and proficiency with software cost management applications such as Ecosys, ARES PRISM and/or other similar software tools;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio;
- Demonstrable knowledge in project controls and project management methodologies such as cost management methodologies and techniques, earned value management, progress reporting – rules of credit, forecasting, working knowledge of cost risk analysis techniques, performance reporting and analysis;
- Able to work in partnership with clients to build a win-win relationship and can articulate the benefits achieved;
- Actively seeks opportunities for efficiencies, striving to manage costs and deliver budget
- Able to contribute to the development and closure of new business opportunities;
- Able to manage, update on progress and maintain momentum in meetings;
- Ability to provide persuasive and well-reasoned responses during questioning in regards to market, industry, client feedback etc;
- Proactively provides constructive feedback to groups and colleagues;
- Takes responsibility for ensuring Turner & Townsend provides the best possible service;
- Contributes towards a culture of service excellence;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to their role;
- Sets clear goals and manages the performance and development of direct reports;
- Provides guidance, support and motivation;
- Designs and delivers effective added-value solutions for client;
- Is creative in establishing effective relationships with both internal team and external people.
The successful candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance (SC)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/