Project Manager - Utilities
- Manchester, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for an NEC accredited Project Manager, to join our expanding Infrastructure business in the North West, supporting our clients across a range on prestigious water projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To join Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, etc. Typically, projects fall within the £10m to £25m range. However, where the service provided is advisory in nature, for example advising on urban re-generation funding, the overall project size may be much larger.
- Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project inception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
- Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client, other consultants, and managing stakeholders at all project stages
- Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- A Project Manager will in part be judged by the extent to which:
- Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget
- Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment
- The project team is led effectively
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- General line management responsibilities (where appropriate) are effectively discharged
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- The internal financial status of all projects is effectively monitored
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
- Experienced in working on major utilities projects e.g. water, gas, electricity, energy projects
- NEC experience, Preferred if NEC3: ECC Project Manager accreditation is held
- Prefferred if experience with using Power BI
- Preferred if experience is in a complex stakeholder environment
- Preferred if chartered/qualified with ICE, APM, RICS etc
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/