- Glasgow, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading consultancy providers to the infrastructure sector where we use our skills, processes and knowledge to provide industry leading services to our clients. We are currently recruiting for Project Control Engineers (Risk) across our growing Centra scotland hub. Join our best in industry teams to undertake duties on high profile infrastructure projects.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate identification, assessment and prioritisation of threats, opportunities and issues
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling, timely drawdown of risk budget or retirement of threat/opportunity
- Assist with the identification and development of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, along with assessing the post mitigated positions
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining risk budget and timeline
- Produce and present fit for purpose risk reports, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status and required senior management action.
- Understand quantitative risk assessment (cost, schedule and integrated) to inform project contingency and time risk allowance levels. Demonstrate basic to practitioner competency with tools such as Safran, @risk, PRA or similar.
- Familiarity with web-based database/reporting tools – ARM, Xactium, Predict, Tableau, PowerBI.
In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- A working understanding of a developing and implementing integrated risk management solutions across portfolios, programmes and projects
- Risk and Scenario Analysis workshop facilitation
- Development of proactive threat mitigation and opportunity exploitation,
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of risk including probabilistic modelling (@risk, PRA or equivalent). However, industry leading training will be provided.
- Broad understanding of Project Controls methodology and risk management interactions
We are looking for candidates with developing experience in a risk delivery role on major projects/programmes or blue-chip clients.
Attainment or working towards IRM/APM risk certified candidates preferred.
Candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and be genuinely committed to developing new and more effective ways of working.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/