Senior Contracts Administrator
- Kampala, Uganda
- Department: Infrastructure
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.
We are looking for a Senior Contracts Administrator who will be part of our Project Services Team, working at the client project site offices in Uganda.
Our people are the key to our success and are our most important asset. As Senior Contracts Administrator you will be providing services that help our clients devise strategies to deliver successful business solutions prior to sanction, achieve confidence around project delivery, ensure projects are effectively managed & controlled and facilitate the capture and transfer of knowledge.
Purpose of the job
Site based role to manage and deliver Contract Administration services to meet client and business objectives.
In undertaking the role of Senior Contracts Administrator, Turner & Townsend have specific expectations to be met. The expectations will form part of your continuous development and performance measurement. These are set out as follows:
You are expected to maintain at all times a professional and focused conduct when engaging with clients, competitors and colleagues. At all times during your employment with Turner & Townsend, you should act as an ambassador of the global organisation.
As a Senior Contracts Administrator you are responsible for supporting a positive and confident atmosphere within the Turner & Townsend offices. Your business approach will influence your colleagues and team members and it is therefore important that you reflect the Turner & Townsend standards in your leadership, verbal and non-verbal communication, in your general conduct, your attire and your attitude.
You shall not (except so far as is necessary and proper in the ordinary course of your employment) make public or disclose to any person any information on Turner & Townsend business dealings or affairs.
As Senior Contracts Administrator you will treat all client information that is not public knowledge as confidential. You will not give any unauthorized people access to this information. When working with particular clients you may be required to sign their specific Confidentiality Agreements.
- Prepare commercial information for contract and purchase approval documents
- Assist in the payment process of contracts and purchase orders
- Assist with the preparation of tender documentation and adjudication of tenders
- Create and maintain commercial registers
- Create and maintain financial data in SAP or other systems
- Insert data and maintain contracts module as per clients document control system
- Assist with the assembly and compilation of contracts (NEC, FIDIC, Employer Bespoke)
- Provide contracts assurance functionality for design consultants
- Ensure that tender and contract documentation is prepared in a way that minimises risks
Key Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Tertiary Qualification or studying towards one
- Minimum of 5 years contract management experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment engineering
- Good understanding and knowledge of modern contracting strategies for major infrastructure projects including forms of contract, payment terms, incentive/penalty arrangements, innovative commercial models and securisation of performance
- Strong experience and skills in handing contractor, consultant progress claims, variation claims and other issues that arise during typical design, procurement and construction contracts
- Highly self-motivated, disciplined and have the ability to work efficiently
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of an EPCM project environment
- Matric or equivalent
- Strong procurement and project controls experience
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding and knowledge of modern contracting strategies for major projects including forms of contract, payment terms, incentive/penalty arrangements, innovative commercial models and securisation of performance
- Strong experience and skills in handing contractor consultant progress claims, variation claims and other issues that arise during typical design, procurement and construction contracts
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
#LI - SD1