- Teesside Industrial Estate, Stockton-on-Tees, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees TS17, UK
- Department: Business support
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for Bid Assistant to join our busy and expanding Teesside based, Business Generation team. Opportunities are available to support our Infrastructure, Real Estate and Advisory teams.
- Work with relevant members of the team to, write and produce draft documents and bid responses in accordance with company standards.
- Manage bid timetable to ensure bid team members respond in line with bid plan with bid plan and that all deadlines are met and that bids are submitted on time and in the correct manner.
- Review bid document and pull together previous relevant bids, best practice answers from bid portal and systems.
- Proofing and editing colleague’s bid response documents, ensuring each document contains required information required to create a successful, winning bid.
- Work with other Bid Specialists as a community of practice to ensure a consistent quality of bids.
- To work towards improving and enhancing the standard and effectiveness of written responses in conjunction with the Bid Team and the community of other Bid Specialists.
- Work in conjunction with Business Generation to ensure central bid library is kept up to date and bids are filed, meta tagged and best practice answers and unique questions identified to build the bid portal.
- Support the management of the Contacts and Marketing.
Essential Technical Criteria:
- Demonstrable experience at producing draft bid responses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced in Microsoft office, including Sharepoint
- Experience of working with bid portals.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks
Essential Behavioural Criteria:
- Building relationships
- Commercial focus
- Communication skills
- Delivering quality
- Drive and commitment
- Working with others
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject, such as Marketing or English.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/