Senior SHQ Consultant
- Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Advisory
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior SHQ Consultant with a good track record in delivering across a broad range of projects and programmes. The successful candidate would be responsible for delivering SHQ consultancy services to existing and new clients and contributing to the income generation activities of the business unit.
The challenges of the role are to understand our various clients and ensure consistent delivery of SHQ services to meet their needs and expectations, alongside the efficient management of time and resources during service delivery.
You will have a good track record of successful SHQ service delivery, be able to work on your own initiative and be comfortable working individually as well as in teams.
Overview of Role:
- Legislative Compliance - Working knowledge of Irish safety, health and environmental legislation and remain cognisant of legislative changes
- Project Supervisor Design Process Role (PSDP) - Extensive knowledge of the design process and associated legislation
- Construction Experience - Familiarity with the type of construction work involved in the project and a sound understanding of the safety and health issues associated with that work
- Business Relationships – Ability to create and maintain open and constructive relationships with internal and external clients. Respond helpfully to their requests and be sensitive to their needs with the aim of securing repeat business and maintain and grow current external client base
- Problem Solving – Capacity to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify key issues and establish courses of action and produce logical, practical and acceptable solutions
- Running Meetings – Ability to chair meetings effectively and to set meeting objectives, actions, responsibilities and hold people accountable
- Presentations – Ability to prepare and deliver presentations
- Reports / Audits - Compile all reports/ audits and statistical analysis in a timely manner
- Procedures and Manuals - Compile and update procedures, manuals, guidance notes and ensure quality of submittals in a timely manner
- Fairness and Consistency - Be assertive, fair and consistent when implementing Company or legislative requirements or when reprimanding contractors or individuals
- Commission Management - Maintain high standards of commission management
- Degree in Safety and Health or similar awarded as part of the national framework of qualifications
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH Membership
- Construction Industry Federation Safety Management CPD Card Holder incl. PSDP Course – Desirable
- 7 years minimum construction experience
- Sufficient training appropriate to the type of work, e.g. a recognised certificate, higher certificate
- PSDP experience
- Safe Pass
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/