Senior Front End Scheduler - Data Center Construction
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Turner & Townsend are engaged with one of the largest Technology companies to support their global Data Center program. We are seeking the ideal Senior Front End Scheduler to help our client achieve their program aspirations to drive efficiency and innovation within the Data Center environment. You will work within a team of professional business consultants with a focus on service excellence and stakeholder management.
The Senior Front End Scheduler will work within a team of consulting and support services at the project-level within the planning and scheduling function. Responsibilities include the localization and development of integrated Front End schedules. This includes the Master planning and Design within the project lifecycle, informing program-level reporting and discipline standards and processes. You will be responsible for the maintenance, update and overall management of regional schedules within the program and associated deliverable outputs during the reporting cycle.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, with opportunities to expand across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend, we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide. Our team is dynamic, innovative, and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
• Expansive knowledge of planning and scheduling best practices and applications.
• The ability to develop and review of program level schedules in accordance with specifications to enable effective delivery of the global data center program.
• Oversee updates to integrated preconstruction schedules and manage changes in forecasting and trends, whilst collaborating with other functional teams in understanding the impact and mitigation of key risks.
• Oversee Designer progress and relate to the Design process.
• Develop and oversee program reporting to key stakeholders and program governance, including planning metrics and KPIs.
• Manage stakeholders, including design execution management, regional managers and scheduling team members.
• Support upskilling of stakeholders, both within the planning and scheduling function and wider program to drive consistent standards of working.
• Support functional Planning and Scheduling Lead in completing program improvement initiatives and Turner and Townsend Best Practice.
You will be the type of person who:
• Is innovative, a quick learner, and confident in high-pressure environments.
• Knows their subject matter and can develop and execute new initiatives.
• Is proactive and focused on continuous improvement, including providing well-thought-out solutions.
• Is professional and approachable and has an interest in progressing, developing, and mentoring junior members of the team.
• Is able to manage challenging stakeholders and expectations.
• Is confident both as a team member and a potential future team leader.
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and great communication – both in-person and via technology!
• Delivers quality work products and maintains service excellence.
Your qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or a related technical field.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of planning and scheduling experience on major projects and programs.
• Proven record of successfully implementing processes and procedures on major projects or programs.
• Experience of Cost and Schedule integration - from a system and reporting perspective.
• Proficiency in planning and scheduling systems and tools -- Primavera P6, Microsoft Project.
• Knowledge in scheduling risk analysis systems and tools -- Acumen Fuse, Safran
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Gsuite.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Approachable, with a positive work ethic and ‘can do attitude’
Key Required Attributes:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to supervise team members.
• Adaptable and responds well to multiple client requests and aspirations.
• High level of professionalism within a team and management environment.
• Ability to innovate and think outside the box.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to visually present and communicate data.
• A good understanding of standard forms of contract.
• Data Center, Mechanical, Power or Utilities project experience.
• Proficiency in business intelligence & data analysis tools - Tableau, SQL, Google data studio.
• Open to remote working and potential location flexibility in the current adaptable climate.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.