- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in Ottawa? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Risk Manager to work in our growing team.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Risk Manager with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment
As Risk Manager, you will be involved in:
- Ensure the Senior Risk Manager is fully supported in delivering best practice risk management activities.
- Initiate a proactive approach to the review, development and improvement of the risk management service to the client.
- Undertake end-to-end project risk management on multiple infrastructure projects within the infrastructure program. Risk reviews are to be undertaken at regular intervals, with identified risks qualitatively and quantitatively analysed, treatments determined and project and program risk profiles monitored and reported. All facilitated risk review outputs are to be structured and reported.
- Where appropriate, quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis (Monte Carlo simulation) is to be undertaken. Results will be used in risk evaluation, monitoring and reporting against project and program baseline cost and schedule.
- Establish integration of the risk management function within the program and project controls team, with direct touch points to cost and schedule management, change control and reporting.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with program and project control teams so as to eliminate redundancies and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide opportunities to facilitate the transfer of knowledge within the immediate risk team, to the greater project controls team and to the client. The transfer of knowledge may include informal one-one-one discussions with client stakeholders and more formal presentations to clients and colleagues.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working on major projects preferably in Real Estate
- Experience of 2 Real Estate projects each over 100M CDN in value.
- Demonstrated experience within a Program Management or Project Controls environment
- Project Risk Management experience
- Has conducted risk and value management training sessions
- Over 2 years’ experience conducting risk based analysis using Monte Carlo simulations
- Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Gained or working towards a Project Management qualification is an asset
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.