Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor - Data Center Construction
- Pryor, OK 74361, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our clients with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management and project delivery and we are seeking the ideal Cost Manager and/or Quantity Surveyor to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive large Data Center projects to achieve excellent outcomes. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
The Cost Manager and/or Quantity Surveyor will take responsibility for end to end service delivery and to act as key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added service.. To be successful in this role you must have great communication skills and be comfortable operating in a client-facing role.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor with ideally a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working on mission critical Data Center, Commercial or relatable large-scale construction projects.
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the construction lifecycle.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from NPA, subs, quantities from A/Es,.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
You will also be responsible for:
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working in a construction cost management related role on mission critical
- Data Center, Commercial or relatable large-scale construction projects.
- College and/or post-graduate degree in construction management, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering or field related to construction.
- Recognized Industry accreditation or working towards.
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Solid technical experience in all cost management areas; planning, estimating, pre-contract post contract and final account.
- Good organization skills, ability to multitask, and be a team player.
- US construction industry experience is desirable.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.