Construction Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in the Seattle, Washington area? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Construction Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor to work in our growing team.
The Cost Manager is responsible for implementing administering and maintaining cost control systems and procedures to track budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts, and to assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates and schedules for projects of medium complexity and value
- Provide cost information to support decision and alternative selection
- Evaluate contractor invoices prior to submission into client Finance systems for pre-approval
- Utilize information from SAP (or similar) and input to cost report and validation of spending
- Evaluate and analyze fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making
- Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
- Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
- Assist in developing reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value
- Support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project
- Build intricate spreadsheets to enable fast and accurate data manipulation of large data sets
- Extract data from several sources, transforming it to fit operational needs
- Reconcile data to support complete accuracy and creates a clean audit trail
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for bench marking purposes.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience
- Ideally degree qualified in construction, cost management or quantity surveying
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering
- Commercial construction experience, preferred
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.