Project Cost Controls
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Provide project and cost control management for a Site Mater Plan project. The Project Cost Controller should be able to develop, plan, maintain and manage the project budget as well as track change controls, associated metrics and reports while working in a collaborative environment
Key elements include but are not limited to:
- Manage the overall project budget and ensure compliance with Engineering Financial Standards and follow industry best practices.
- Create and maintain a project forecast (commitments and cash flow) and management of project expenditures and commitments; interface with OEM, CM, Master Scheduler and site personnel to understand invoicing schedules.
- Update the project cash flow in the Capital Planning System (CAPS)
- Create and maintain asset depreciation forecasts; interface with finance team as required.
- Create and maintain asset capitalization form; interface with Corporate Capital as required.
- Creation of Project Metrics based on Key Performance Indications (KPI) defined by the Project Team.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports for management team, such as monthly variance cash flow report
- Use of SAP as a tool to gather data for cost reporting.
- Understanding of Work Breakdown Structure. Create and monitor custom WBS codes to align with asset capitalization.
- Change Management and Maintenance of Risk Tracking Tools.
- Perform Risk Analysis and then integrate risks into the project forecast.
- Procurement - the ability to create requisitions and manage purchase orders and contracts.
- Develop and implement work processes and procedures as required
- Complete Program & Project close-out financial metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience with facility and/or manufacturing financial controls.
- Ability to interface with resources within project supplier organizations in order to update schedules
- Knowledge of project management cost controls, planning and organization.
- Good understanding and experience with project management and capital delivery processes for projects. These attributes include an overall basic understanding of contracts and contracting, procurement, project forecasting and development and budget management, change order management, risk management within the Pharma / bio tech industries.
- In-depth working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to use Excel and understanding of P6 schedules to extract data for cash flow management.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a variety of tasks within a time frame.
- Analytical approach to address process flow issues and tasks.
- Ability to create and maintain cost tools for reporting
- Significant experience and strong problem solving skills in project & program management
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Pharma manufacturing or related industries with associated warehouse and laboratory experience.
- Experience with controlling large projects (>$50MM)
- Knowledge of P6 schedules in order to better manage the budget
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.