- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Scheduler/Planner functions include advanced planning, scheduling, progress measurement, change management implementation and analysis that may involve a major project or several smaller projects. A thorough understanding of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis, Risk Management, and support of project objectives. Provide expertise and best practice implementation in the work place for the region with regard to the planning and scheduling discipline.
Key elements include but are not limited to:
- Implement Project Planning & Scheduling strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both Company and contractor roles, responsibilities and expectations.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) in concert with Project Lead, Project cost engineer and contractor project controls leads, and in conjunction with Project Execution Plans.
- Promote and maintain the overall integration and integrity of contractor schedules within the Program suite of project schedules.
- Provide interface and quality assurance to Project functional groups and contractors regarding the tracking and reporting of schedule performance.
- Support the Project Team in the implementation of an integrated enterprise based, cross functional and EPC master schedule program.
- Preparing Staffing, Engineering and Construction progress and customized reports.
- Perform Critical Path Analysis.
- Perform probabilistic analysis on integrated schedules and contractor schedules.
- Conduct the required project schedule analysis, critical path analysis and schedule risk analysis for the project as a whole.
- Analyze deviations from the baseline in the Project Master schedule highlighting bottlenecks / delays and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare the Integrated Planning / Scheduling contribution to the Monthly Project Report and specific reports / presentations.
- Analyze and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance / change order.
- Prepare resourcing plans for the overall and individual project phases, identifying any excessive peak numbers and making recommendations for peak leveling
- Ensure that schedule related data from vendors, suppliers, engineering and construction contractors of actual projects is provided as feedback into the planning and scheduling systems.
- Working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising your independence as a planning engineer so you’re in a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgment.
- Candidate will need to balance multiple projects that will likely be executed in multiple locations and by multiple contractors. Candidate must be flexible and able to balance / prioritize multiple priorities.
- Track and Monitor Portfolio Schedule
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to lead, coordinate & organize multiple sources of schedule inputs/performance data into a master schedule platform and deliver project/program status reports as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The tenacity and drive to inject value and create solutions
- Develops good working relationships with project team
- Ability to travel if required
- A minimum of 8 years project controls and time/schedule management experience
- Expert experience level using project scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera P3, P5, P6), Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI
- Desirable to have scheduling experience in pharmaceutical or manufacturing construction projects
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.