Project Control Analyst - Data Center Construction
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
We are a global professional services organization that provides consulting and delivery services to large global clients.
With our experience of major capital projects all over the world we’re experts at managing the many moving parts involved in complex programmes, with 110 offices across 45 different countries.
At the heart of our approach is a focus on better outcomes. With an independent view we do things smarter; we give the clarity and rigour to help teams work better together, to make an investment case stronger, to raise the standards of delivery and to maintain schedules and budgets. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 70 years.
We are equal opportunity employers. A copy of the policy statement on equal opportunity is provided upon request.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend:
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 140 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, and we are seeking an ambitious Project Controls Analyst to join our prestigious technology client’s rapidly growing data center team. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
The role requires a smart, motivated professional to work closely with global construction teams and various internal departments, including Data Center Analytics, Procurement and Finance to support all aspects of project cost management and financial forecasting for our Client’s growing Infrastructure Construction team.
- Provide preconstruction support during project approval phase, provide historical cost data, and assist in development of annual contractor purchase orders.
- Manage internal project budget / schedule of values within project management software, for monthly financial reporting on multiple New Builds and Retrofit projects on campus.
- Manage external project budget and communications within external project management software including commitment management, change management, document control, etc.
- Manages monthly forecasts and cash flows, understand forecast variances, develop monthly executive reports.
- Manage monthly vendor invoice review process within invoicing software, including project management review, 3rd party auditing services, and communication with Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for accurate quarterly accrual reporting for all existing PO's on campus, including communication with vendors and Finance.
- Facilitate change order routing and review processes within project management software, content analysis, and executive approval as required
- Review project financial health with management team each month (via dashboards, budget software, schedule comparisons, productivity reports, etc.)
- Management of Internal and Contractor Risk Register update & contingency evaluation.
- Financial closeout of internal budgets, Vendor POs, etc.
- Work closely with Site Scheduler to compare financial forecasts and risks are in alignment with schedule updates.
- Assistance with programmatic initiatives, training, and alignment opportunities.
Who are you?
You are an ambitious construction professional with at least five years of experience managing and analyzing cost and schedule in large, multi-project construction programs. In this role as Project Controls Analyst, you will work closely with our global construction teams in New Builds, Retrofits and various internal departments to support all aspects of project cost management and risk identification for our clients growing Infrastructure Construction team. Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role. The Project Controls Analyst will work closely with site Project Management to report project health and influence the way the Site Teams understand and mitigate project risks. This is a full-time role based in North America. This role may include monthly / quarterly travel to other domestic site construction locations and California Headquarters.
Your qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent in construction management or engineering.
- Minimum of (5) year’s professional experience in construction and project planning for large multi-project construction programs.
- Strong collaboration skills and problem-solving mind set.
- Experienced with Primavera P6, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Google Suite.
- Must be familiar with a cost control tooling (such as eBuilder, Procore, or others).
- Ability to clearly communicate financial status and schedule details from multiple construction sites to project managers.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.