Senior Project Controls Engineer, Cost
- Bristol, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Support the PCM or IPC Cost Manager in the implementation and maintenance of Project Controls processes for Cost, including the production of monthly reports, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis;
- Produce and maintain accurate cost and cash forecasts in alignment with the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS);
- Accurately maintain all cost data for the Programme within the financial control system (EcoSys), including monthly ACWP calculations;
- Co-ordinate and produce cost reports to a defined reporting cycle;
- Assist in the Trend & Change process, including production of Project Change Reports, analysis of cost impact and provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities;
- Review, acceptance and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by Tier 1 Contractors and suppliers;
- Assist with analysis of earned value;
- Adhere to Project governance and Cost standards and procedures;
- Understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques;
- Ability to understand and use cost management software;
- Experience with earned value analysis;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- High standard of interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of estimating, scheduling and risk management techniques and associated software;
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC;
- Working knowledge of cost risk analysis techniques;
- The ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages an advantage.
- EcoSys (Cost, Changes, Earned Value Management);
- SAP (Financial Management);
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Teamcenter (Document Control).
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or other related field;
- Proven relevant experience in a Project Management or Project Controls environment in a similar Cost role.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or other related field;
- Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status;
- Experience in the use of cost management software systems such as EcoSys;
- Experience on a major construction project;
- Experience in Nuclear Sector.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/