Senior Project Consultant
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Department: Natural resources
Turner & Townsend is GROWING! We are looking for a Senior Project Consultant to join our Team supporting our Natural resource division.
Reporting to Turner & Townsend Account Manager, the Senior Project Consultant will be part of our Project Services Team, working at the client office in Salt Lake City, UT.
Depending on the development phase of the projects, accountabilities can be summarized as delivery and support of the following activities:
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules that support and align with project requirements, working in conjunction with senior planner, project managers and other project participants
- Utilize the standardized processes, systems and tools in developing project schedules
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule
- Conduct schedule analysis to determine alternative courses of action on slipped schedules
- Develop monthly reports and look-ahead schedule as required
- Participates and/or conduct project schedule review meetings and update schedules
- Develop project specific estimates based on project plans and schedules; prepare and maintain a Basis of Estimate (BOE) for each project, using in house tools and following Client’s Project Services procedures.
- Perform reviews for individual discipline developed estimates and integrates them into the overall project estimate.
- Perform estimate benchmarking, including data capture at key stages of the project.
- Compiles Project Estimates, including Basis of Estimate and all back-up documentation prior to the internal and external estimate review.
- Establish labor, equipment rates and productivity and location factors, for estimating purposes.
- Engineering / Construction Management Degree and/or Certification or equivalent
- Minimum of three years industry experience in planning/scheduling and cost estimating positions across all project phases
- Knowledge and skilled with Primavera (P6) and MS Project
- Knowledge and skilled in the use of industry accepted cost estimating applications
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Trained and experienced in project management and project controls
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.