Real Estate Development Program Business Analyst – Commercial Construction
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client a complex real estate development program, and we are seeking the ideal Real Estate Development Program Business Analyst to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive this project to achieve an excellent outcome. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
Under the leadership of the Central Services Lead, the Business Analyst will play a key part in developing and implementing project controls strategies, processes, tools and templates across one of the largest real estate development programs in the world.
The role will interface regularly with a range of senior executives, the ideal candidate should therefore have a superior ability to summarize and present information, both in written and verbal form. The ideal candidate would be able provide examples of well-designed, well-presented reports and slide decks tailored to management and leadership audiences.
Every day will be different and priorities will change constantly, we are looking for someone who can embrace and adapt to that change, maintaining a pro-active, can-do attitude throughout.
Who are you?
You are a polished construction professional who is good with numbers, technology and people, and have between 4-6 years of post-graduate experience working on major program level commercial real estate construction projects.
The role requires a smart, motivated professional with distinctive problem solving and analytical skills to implement and operate program cost, schedule and governance practices. The right candidate will have experience with various clients implementing program-level best practices, with demonstrable experience of leading complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Provide support to the Central Services Lead, Global Real Estate Controls function and Project Team(s) throughout project lifecycle.
- Own the program reporting function, interrogating all project/program data prior to summarization, visualization and presentation to leadership.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to drive program delivery performance and assurance.
- Operate, develop and improve processes relating to program governance, reporting, cost and planning/ scheduling.
- Support program level, data driven reporting, experience interrogating data warehouses and using data visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio) is preferred.
- Work with key client project contacts to review, develop and record current “best practice” processes and procedures used on construction projects within the organization.
- Track and maintain budgets and analyze and report weekly/monthly trends.
- Review change orders and benchmark consultant rates across the program.
- Lead the preparation of monthly project controls reports and other progress reports to the client.
- Create, maintain and follow a project schedule detailing when stakeholder meetings will be needed, when reviews will be necessary and an overall project plan.
- Maintain the standards, processes, procedures, and deliverables for all reporting activities.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and tools.
- A minimum of 4 years post-gradudate experience working in project controls, project and/or program management in the construction industry.
- Understanding of best practice relating to the delivery of a major construction program.
- Degree in engineering, architecture or construction preferred.
- Experience creating data visualization tools preferred (eg Tableau, Google Data Studio)
- Tech proficiency and advanced application of Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite Applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem resolution skills with demonstrated. Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, action-oriented and excellent organization skills with demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including documentation.
- The tenacity and drive to inject value and create solutions.
- Develops good working relationships with project team.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Ability to commute or travel if required.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/