Program Controls Lead – Data Center Construction - New York, New York
- New York, NY, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, responsible for ideal Program Controls Lead to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive this large-scale Data Center project to achieve an excellent outcome. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
As a leader within the Program Controls Group (PCG) for Data Centers (DC) the main roles include
- Take the lead for program deliverables that require cross-functional input.
- Work with the T&T lead to motivate the team by providing clear direction and goals
- Assist with weekly team meetings to discuss progress on initiatives and to drive performance.
- Lead the development and production of regular report(s) - (Periodicity and content to be agreed)
The main roles within the program delivery for the role includes:
- Assist with the development of a clear list of deliverables for the program controls team
- Review and make recommendations for improvements to processes for all pillars of the group (intake, cost, schedule, risk etc)
- Take the lead for budget management and change control
- Assist with the development of smart reporting for all pillars of the program
- Produce best practices documentation
- Quality control of documents to be issued by the team as required
- Working with the T&T lead & client leads to drive performance of the program controls team.
- Build relationships with on site delivery teams to drive improvements in reporting and feedback.
- Build relationships with T&T and client stakeholders to enhance integration of team’s products.
The Program Controls Lead will look at ways to improve the program delivery overall. This should include:
- Project intake: Consider expansion of deliverables to ensure more robust business cases/estimates/schedules are developed.
- Cost Management: In conjunction with the DC cost management team and the DC estimating team, review and make recommendations for improvements to the current cost benchmarking tool to increase efficiency of the cost team.
- Consider the development of an end to end process that captures the project controls information from intake through to closeout. Including incorporating a feedback loop for intake/cost/scheduling closeout information.
- Consider the integration of intake/cost/scheduling reporting to provide a holistic approach to program controls.
- Bachelor’s or post-bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 6 years post-graduate construction experience working throughout the project lifecycle.
- PSP and/or PMP Certification
- Primavera P6 experience.
- Construction contracts and scheduling experience.
- Mission critical and/or data center construction experience.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/