(Anticipated Opening) Cost Manager / Estimator - Data Center Construction
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our clients with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management and project delivery and we are seeking the ideal Cost Manager / Estimator to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive large-scale projects to achieve excellent outcomes. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
This role is to provide cost control and estimating services on our high-profile technology client’s construction programs. To be successful in this role you must have great communication skills and be comfortable operating in a client-facing role.
Who are you?
You are a Cost Manager / Estimator with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience working on data center, heavy industry, manufacturing, healthcare/life sciences and/or commercial real estate or relatable large-scale construction projects.
- Developing cost plans and estimates from concept through detailed design.
- Supporting Client land acquisitions.
- Delivering and presenting updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Reviewing proposed design changes/new technologies and prepare estimates within appropriate accuracy levels.
- Understanding design stages and estimate levels.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Preparing cash commit forecasts for the construction life cycle.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders in the preparation of estimates/ cost plans.
- Analyzing labor markets and cost drivers such as Unions & Tax.
- Supporting our Client’s with monthly presentations.
- Delivering Life Cycle Costing models.
- Benchmarking integration to ensure accurate data capture.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a construction cost management role such as Estimating, Cost Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Cost Controls etc.
- College and/or post-graduate degree in construction management, cost management, quantity surveying, engineering or field related to construction.
- Excellent communicator and thrives in a client facing role.
- Experience supporting program level cost management for medium or large scale construction projects.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as value management and value engineering.
- US experience is strongly desirable.
- Data Center experience also strongly desirable.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.