Senior Cost Manager
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of our successful Cost Management team supporting top clients for Turner & Townsend in New Jersey/New York? We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking Senior Cost Manager to work in our growing team.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The North America and Canada regions are currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 108 offices in 45 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Senior Cost Manager with a minimum of 5-8 years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment.
- Advising client on strategies, managing prequalification of vendors, assessing proposals, bids, and bid leveling documents, making final recommendations to the client, attending & chairing bid interviews, and managing appointment process
- Manage estimating services for full project by developing project estimates (relating to construction, fees, direct work and other costs), reviewing estimations prepared by junior team members, presenting estimates to client, presenting value engineering recommendations and risk assessments to client, meeting with vendors to review, validate, and challenge costs, and reviewing estimates by utilizing benchmark data collected from other projects
- Manage cost reporting by establishing reporting schedule, reviewing & presenting cost reports and forecasts, reviewing project budget & spend forecast with the client, developing & maintaining commercial risk register, and hosting periodic meetings with project team & vendors
- Manage cost control process by reviewing payment application assessments prepared by junior team members, liaising with project managers to recommend contractor entitlements, reviewing requests for change orders from vendors & making recommendations to client, and using dispute prevention/management/resolution procedures to manage payment requisitions, change orders, and contractual disputes
- Manage & monitor invoicing process
- Benchmark performance against other successful commissions
- Hold post-contract reviews with the client to establish a lessons learned document and apply lessons to create training manual
- Develop procedures governing handover of project
- Perform all of the duties above through the use/preparation of Bid Analysis Sheets, Change Control Forms, Cost Estimating Software, and Takeoff Software
Key Performance Indicators
- Projects are managed to the correct quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget
- Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment
- The project team is led effectively
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- The internal financial status of all projects is effectively monitored
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
Education Requirement: Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Construction Management or Related Field - An acceptable equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree will include any combination of degrees, certificates, training, and/or experience, evaluated as equivalent to a four (4) year U.S. Bachelor's degree by a credential evaluator.
Experience Requirement: 5 years of experience performing all job duties listed, or three (3) years of experience as a Senior Cost Manager, Cost Manager, or related title performing the following job duties:
- Assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) process by preparing documents, releasing RFPs, arranging mid-bid interviews, and creating bid analysis sheets
- Support senior manager by reviewing initial project estimates, providing measurements & pricing for estimates at assigned stages of the project, advising the client of any budget changes, and preparing & sending final estimate to senior manager for review
- Update regular cost reports & forecasts, amount & cost of construction work to be done, and cash flow forecast
- Assess change orders & payment applications from vendors & challenge discrepancies, and Recommend cost amounts to be paid based on claims and changes
- Measure & price quantities of various construction materials
- Perform all of the duties above through the use/preparation of Bid Analysis Sheets, Change Control Forms, Cost Estimating Software, and Take-off Software
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.