Senior Consultant- Quantum- Contract Services- Advisory
- Birmingham, UK
- Department: Advisory
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are currently providing advice on high value, complex, disputes and claims and have opportunities for quantity surveyors who have experience in claims or who wish to gain experience in this area. Successful applicants will benefit from a fully supported career path, the opportunity to work internationally and exposure to a broad range of clientele.
We are seeking individuals from a quantity surveying background to develop a career in claims and dispute management, working with a growing team of Experts in the field of quantum.
You will work within the T&T Contract Services Team in London. The wider team also includes Quantum Experts, specialists in procurement, project management and project recovery. The intention is to develop the right candidate within the Contract Services group and on a path toward leading claims and gaining their own expert appointments.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong experience within the field of quantity surveying on construction projects.
- First class written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, determined and thorough in approach.
- Capable of carrying out independent study, analysis and interpretation then presenting conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Good working knowledge of data manipulation in excel.
- A keen interest in contractual and legal matters.
- Prepared to work away from home, outside the UK for limited periods.
- Experience of construction projects at all stages of their development and across a range of sectors.
- Site based experience as sub-contractor, contractor, consultant or client.
- A desire to develop as a quantum expert, giving evidence in formal legal processes and/or to support the expert directly in that role.
- Willingness to travel and gain overseas project experience