Senior Project Controls Engineer
- London, UK
- Department: Infrastructure
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Implement or support the implementation of an integrated risk management framework across a major capital programme. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate identification, assessment and prioritisation of threats, opportunities and issues within the sub-programme.
- Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling, timely drawdown of risk budget or retirement of threat/opportunity.
- Use risk data to inform investment planning
- Assist with the identification and recording of appropriate management responses which are measurable and specific, along with assessing the post mitigated positions.
- Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
- Proactively manage the completion of management responses to help deliver target positions.
- Work with contractors to assess contractor held risks and their views on client held risks that impact upon them.
- Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels. Depending on the role candidates will be expected to demonstrate basic to experienced levels of competence with tools such as PRA, @risk, Safran or similar.
- Familiarity with web-based database tools – ARM, Predict,
PACKAGE: £44,000 per annum basic salary + benefits including company car (Or car allowance of £4,000 per annum) private medical insurance, pension, permanent health insurance, life insurance and personal accident cover
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3rd December 2019
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 2nd January 2020
In order to be able to carry out the duties of the role as required, candidates will be expected to demonstrate proven experience and capability in the following:
- Developing and populating project risk registers to industry ‘good practice’ standards
- Competency in quantitative cost and schedule risk analysis with demonstrable skills in @risk and Primavera Risk Analysis software or equivalent.
- Facilitating risk workshops
- Establishing and implementing Risk Management frameworks, policies and plans in accordance with industry ‘good practice’ standards.
- Working with project teams to establish cost effective mitigation/exploitation plans for identified risks
- Preparing convincing strategic risk management reports that serve to inform senior management decision making
Further, candidates are expected to have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and be genuinely committed to finding new and more effective ways of working.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com