- London, UK
- Department: Advisory
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are now seeking to recruit a proactive and ambitious Health and Safety Consultant to provide Health & Safety services to a range of existing clients in the London, Birmingham or Nottingham area. So we will consider candidates from London, Midlands and East Midlands.
The successful candidates will be expected to deliver H&S consultancy / CDM co-ordination/advisory and other related projects across a range of commercial, public and infrastructure clients. The candidates will be responsible for managing their own day to day activities and workload with deliverables and timescales agreed by their line manager.
On a day to day basis the successful candidates will undertake a range of duties which will depend on their level of qualifications and experience, but generally may include:
- Providing our wide range of clients with high level H&S consultancy services and associated reporting, presentations and management information
- Advice and support to clients on the CDM regulations including planned 2015 amendments
- Delivery of CDM co-ordination services and other CDM / H&S related projects
- Delivery of health and safety training and workshops/awareness sessions to Clients, project teams and internal audiences.
- Undertaking H&S audits of the Client's and their supply chains’ safety management systems including evidence of successful implementation
- Assisting in the development of further H&S or CDM opportunities through technical articles, speaking opportunities and bid support
- Possible support may be needed to other offices in the UK or Ireland on an occasional basis. Occasional international projects may arise.
- Candidates will have a minimum of 3 years experience delivering practical health and safety solutions either as an in-house H&S Advisor or as a consultant.
- They will ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant H&S / design / engineering / property related discipline, with a NEBOSH certificate as a minimum in H&S, but preferably NEBOSH Diploma and be CMIOSH / RMaPS, or actively working towards it.
- Experience of business development and line management of small teams would be an advantage. They must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be confident in giving presentations in a client facing environment.
- They must be literate in everyday IT packages such as Microsoft Office. They must be energetic, self-motivated and self-reliant.
- They must be confident in working on their own initiative and delivering to deadlines.
- They must be prepared to travel within the Midlands on a regular basis (wider afield as required) and have a full driving license (with no more than 3 points).
- They must have access to a suitable car for business use for which a car allowance is provided
Turner & Townsend: Turner & Townsend is a leading global construction consultancy whose experts work with organisations to deliver maximum value from their assets. Working on many of the world’s largest programmes from our global network of 104 offices, our 4,600 staff shape our industry. We help our clients save money with our programme, project and cost management services. We also provide an integrated suite of management services to deliver assets that improve the performance of our clients’ businesses. Together with our set of specialist asset and property management services, we put passion into applying new ideas throughout the asset life cycle. http://www.turnerandtownsend.com