Project Engineer - Data Center Construction - Dallas, Texas
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, and we are seeking an ambitious and self-starting Project Engineer to support our clients by driving core project coordination efforts across a wide spectrum of ongoing construction projects. This is a data tracking and reporting role to support construction project managers.
The ideal candidate will be a construction professional who is a self-starter, able to take the initiative and drive activities with limited supervision.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Manage individual tasks throughout the construction process including submittal and RFI process.
- Review subcontractor authorizations (perform bid normalization).
- Regular collaboration and coordination is required with internal resources and build contractors.
- Conduct background research, data collection and benchmarking.
- RFI processing.
- Change order management.
- Punch-list management.
- Perform quantity take-offs and review estimates.
- Track and report cost savings.
- Review contractor/subcontractor monthly pay applications.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports and other progress reports to the client.
- Meeting coordination. Create, maintain and follow a project schedule detailing when stakeholder meetings will be needed, when reviews will be necessary and an overall project plan.
- Transcribe meeting minutes and action items and drive each item to closure.
- Maintain the standards, processes, procedures, and deliverables for all reporting activities for assigned delivery team.
- Ensure project compliance with document controls and file specifications.
- Administer project closeout specifications and associated turnover documentation.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ground-up Data Center construction experience is nice to have.
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience as a Construction Project Engineer or similar.
- Experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity required.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to perform job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge of CSA (civil, structural, architectural) and MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) construction.
- Ability to develop good working relationships within different client cultures and across multiple project teams.
- Drive to be proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Primavera 6 and SQL.
- Good with numbers, technology, and web-based data platforms.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, charts, and presentations.
- Expected travel is less than 5%, but may grow and evolve over time.
- Valid US passport with no visa restrictions.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.