Mechanical Estimator (Mep) – Commercial Construction
- Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend seeks an experienced Mechanical or MEP Estimator who can meet client objectives through the delivery of an effective cost management service.
The role will be on a fast paced, large scale technical project. The MEP Estimator is responsible for providing mechanical estimates and cost consulting for commercial, industrial, and high-tech building projects.
While Mechanical estimating experience is required, Electrical and Plumbing Estimating experience is also a big plus (MEP).
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process.
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager.
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account
- Demonstrate solid presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad Navisworks, and/or other related computer software.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction procurement.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good knowledge and experience gained within several industry sectors.
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field.
- Experience in commercial and high-tech real estate construction.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing large-scale Mechanical cost estimates.
- Good understanding of all mechanical as they relate to construction of projects.
- Construction experience with electrical, and plumbing systems a plus.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/