MEP Construction Project Manager
- Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, and we are seeking the ideal MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) Construction Project Manager to join the San Francisco bay area’s development team.
The Mechanical PM will have an opportunity to work on exciting new development and facility expansion projects in the Bay Area with our high-profile clients.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market and if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Assume central role in the selection and appointment of a MEP contractor, including conducting interviews, assessing teams, scopes and tender returns; interrogating the financial proposals; making and advocating a recommendation for appointment.
- Review the MEP design, comment on level of completeness, be able to debate the time needed to rectify drawings, assist the Turner & Townsend director in signing off the Stage D and E design packs.
- Act as PM for the MEP works, attend weekly meetings with the contractor and MEP subcontractor, understand the risks to the client under a JCT D&B contract, be able to mitigate these risks, for example, by making sure sufficient site power is available for construction, or planning for the residential handover requirements.
- Provide technical input and guidance to the project team and consultants.
- Liaise with statutory authorities for provision of utility services.
- Provide technical assistance and back up to the Technical Director.
- Produce minutes, trackers, monthly reports in a timely manner as required by the Project Director.
- Must be familiar with commercial construction practices, contracts, GC’s and subcontractors, codes and regulations.
- Estimating, budgeting, and cost analysis experience is preferred, along with in-depth knowledge of construction processes and procedures, and contract administration.
- Must have expertise in project management techniques and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure appropriate communications and coordination across project delivery team, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Strong client relationship management skills to maintain positive relations between stakeholders and corporate leadership. Able to manage and delegate tasks to technical and non-technical support staff.
Experience and competency in the following is strongly preferred:
- Reviewing / negotiating / establishing / critiquing project budgets, estimates, and GMP’s.
- Payment Application reviews and negotiation.
- Review, critique, and negotiation of change order and add service requests.
- Constructability reviews.
- Bidding, negotiation, and procurement processes.
- Submittal, shop drawing, and RFI review, monitoring and intervention.
- Contract Administration (lien releases, insurance certificates, subcontracts, retention).
- Close Out (punch list, as-builts, closeout packages, final payments).
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years proven post graduate Mechanical or MEP engineering experience, encompassing both design and site experience.
- A minimum of 7 years project management experience in the delivery of commercial, real estate and related construction projects.
- Education: Bachelor or Postgraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent professional experience in the design and construction of commercial buildings preferred.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/