Construction Administration Assistant / Project Coordinator
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Department: Real Estate
Do you want to be part of the in-house team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world deliver their vision? Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with many complex projects, and we are seeking an Administration Assistant / Project Coordinator or to join our team in supporting one of our Global Key Clients.
Reporting to Turner & Townsend's Regional Portfolio Manager, the Project Coordinator will be part of our on-site team, working from one of our clients site offices in the Midwest USA.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting project & cost management teams with administrative and coordination duties to help focus their efforts towards critical tasks.
The role includes assisting in the day to day project coordination and using various software systems and tools to improve and monitor program delivery, track performance metrics and inform process improvements.
Are you up for a new challenge by working in a new location?
Turner & Townsend’s vision is to expand our global footprint. The US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the right candidate, we want to hear from you. Turner & Townsend offers generous relocation packages for the right candidate.
Why it’s great to work for Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Provide administrative support to project & cost management teams.
- Able to work under strict deadlines.
- Liaising with project stakeholders during pre-construction stages and ensuring internal systems reflect status of project.
- Assist project managers with creating Purchase Orders for new vendors before commencement of deliverables.
- Track project status’ throughout construction stages and associated costs to assist Project Managers for appropriate value projects.
- Assist project managers with producing weekly project progress reports.
- Assist project management team with closing out projects following completion of deliverables.
- Assist project managers in developing technical documents.
- Ability to present in meetings.
- Liaison between cross functional business units.
- Maintain/record, distribute meeting minutes and actions items.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities, with excellent attention to detail and quality delivery.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including clients, staff, board members, external partners/vendors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving using a solution-oriented mind-set.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to effectively work independently.
- Proven time management skills.
Education / Experience:
- Experience and applied knowledge in Project Coordination/Administration is preferred.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or diploma level qualification is an advantage.
- The ability to build effective relationships and work in a team. Comfortable working alongside the client.
- The ability to provide sound and effective recommendations on issues associated with administering projects.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email [email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or [email protected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.