Outpatient Physical Therapist - Physical Therapy Adult
- Shift: Days
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Employment Type: Full Time
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
Join our team where we apply research and clinical expertise to deliver comprehensive outpatient services, including evaluation and ongoing treatment for arthritis, back and neck pain, injuries and conditions affecting function and mobility. We are a team-oriented, collaborative group with the opportunity for you to learn from our experienced therapists who have special areas of interest including pelvic health, sports rehab, vestibular, lymphedema, TMJ, pediatrics and many more!
Our gym is open and welcoming, with plenty of space for our patients to exercise and focus on their treatment. At every appointment, you will provide care and expertise that your patients need to get back to doing the things they love!
We are seeking a self-motivated Physical Therapist who is responsible for providing comprehensive, evidence-based care in a hospital-based outpatient clinic to join our team. The staff physical therapist evaluates, develops and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Provides comprehensive evaluation and assessment of patient’s physical status and functional mobility.
- Sets realistic short- and long-term goals and plan of care related to patient’s physical therapy needs within the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and integumentary systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry out the appropriate treatment plan.
- Documentation and billing is accurate and reflective of services provided in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Perform job as described by Outpatient Physical Therapy Competencies
- Supervises and mentors students, PTAs and support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters or Doctorate preferred
- Current Massachusetts Physical Therapy License required
- 1-2 years of clinical experience is preferred, but not required
- Outpatient orthopaedic experience is preferred.
- APTA membership is recommended.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills including communication, flexibility, time management, independence, teamwork, and maturity to operate effectively within a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Must be willing and able to work effectively with a wide variety of patients with acute and long term disability.
- Must be capable of treating independently.
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients, supplies and equipment.
- Must be capable of providing physical therapy intervention throughout the life span.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.