Inpatient Occupational Therapist - Occupational Therapy
- Boston, MA, USA
- Work Address: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Shift: Days
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Rehab Services
- Employment Type: Full Time
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
- Provides comprehensive evaluation and assessment of patient’s physical, cognitive and self-care abilities.
- Sets realistic short and long term goals and plan of care related to patient’s occupational therapy needs within the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiopulmonary, and integumentary systems.
- Works directly and collaboratively with the interdisciplinary health care team, the patient, and the patient’s family to promote maximum level of patient safety and independence in discharge planning.
- Documents and bills accurately and reflects services provided.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills including communication, flexibility, time management, independence, teamwork, and maturity to operate effectively within a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Must be willing and able to work effectively with a wide variety of patients with acute and long term disability.
- Must be capable of treating independently in a variety of settings.
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients, supplies and equipment.
- Must be capable of providing occupational therapy intervention throughout the life span.
INPATIENT OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- Therapists rotate caseloads every 6 months.
- Expectation for all therapists to eventually become ICU competent.
- Has ability to manage and be flexible prioritizing patient caseload.
- Has the medical literacy to perform complex chart reviews and determine appropriateness for therapy intervention.
- Problem solves effectively with interdisciplinary team, patients and their families for optimal discharge planning of diverse patient populations.
- Is willing and capable of continuous learning to provide care across the hospital.
- Demonstrates flexibility in cross-coverage of various diagnoses based on staffing and patient census.
- Experience with static splinting required, experience with complex splinting preferred.
- Knowledge of upper extremity protocols for common surgeries
- 2 years of outpatient experience required, with preference for CHT
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Masters or Doctorate preferred
- MA Licensure Required
- Registered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists.
- 1-2 years experience is preferred, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.