Practice Coordinator - Adult Cardio Clinic - Part Time
- Norwood, MA, USA
- Work Address: 95 Chapel Street, Norwood, MA 02062
- Shift: Days
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Administrative
- Employment Type: Part Time
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
Under general supervision, this position supports all ambulatory clinic activities and provides administrative support for clinic providers. The Practice Coordinator maintains a high level of customer service with frequent contact with patients through telephone and in-person interactions. This position plays an important role in the hospital's revenue cycle process, clinic operations and patient experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules patient appointments, including follow-up appointments, internal and external testing and labs, and surgical booking and coordination
- Assists with scheduling template creation and changes
- Answers phones, triages calls, responds to patient requests, takes messages in office or call center setting
- Greets and checks-in patients; verifies patient demographic and insurance information
- Assists with revenue cycle clearance, including registration accuracy, referral management and insurance verification
- Collects copayments
- Prepares medical records and documentation for patient visits, including loading of information into the EMR system
- Takes an active role in monitoring patient flow and communicating delays to patients and providers
- Assists with billing charge entry and reconciliation
- Completes general office work, including faxing, filing, mailing, correspondence, copying, ordering supplies, calendar management and mail distribution
- Provides general clerical support to department physicians; demonstrates a knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Participates in performance improvement projects
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Prior experience working in a clinic or hospital environment preferred.
- Computer literacy required, including familiarity with email, Microsoft Office programs and scheduling applications. Ability to learn and use Tufts network programs required.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some knowledge of third party billing preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential medical information.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- High School diploma, with specialized training in business office skills preferred.
- 1-2 years medical office experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.