Contact Center Coord - Pre-Registration Center
- Boston, MA, USA
- Work Address: 75 Kneeland Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Shift: Days
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Administrative
- Employment Type: Full Time
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
Under general supervision, responds to all telephone inquires in a courteous and timely manner, that seeks to exceed the customer’s expectations and recognizes the importance of first impressions. Follows established protocols to schedule patient appointments for a multi-specialty environment. Performs new patient registration; updates registration and insurance information. Follows established protocols for prescription request and/or messaging. Advocates on the caller/customer behalf to ensure their needs are met with the highest standards of customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Triages and responds to telephone or electronic inquiries from patients, physicians, employees and other customers regarding registration, appointments, prescription refills, provider messages and other services.
- Works to resolve all caller inquiries and issues and demonstrates ability to transfer calls by following customer service guidelines.
- Schedules appointments according to established scripting and scheduling protocols.
- Accurately and promptly schedules, reschedules and cancels appointments so as to maximize resource utilization of providers for optimum efficiency.
- Instructs patients in preparation of visit by providing any preparation, location and other general information in a professional and courteous manner.
- Facilitates new patient pre-registration, updates current demographic and insurance information.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of insurance concepts and coverage and provides appropriate information to patients on participating and non-participating payors.
- Utilizes information systems/tools, such as Invision/RCO, eClinicalWorks, NEHEN, DaVincian, EMDEON and others to assist with the scheduling and registration processes.
- Documents and escalates feedback to management for recognition and/or resolution.
- Takes accurate messages and relays key information to clinic staff as needed.
- Reads email periodically throughout the day and reviews other written sources to keep up to date on all communication/changes within the organization.
- Consistently provides the highest level of customer service when interfacing with patients, co-workers, referring physicians and other Tufts MC departments.
- Exhibits a willingness to solve problems constructively and seeks excellence in the performance of his/her job.
- Participates in the achievement of personal and departmental goals and initiatives.
- Actively contributes to positive morale and teamwork; stays informed and supports changes and initiatives; demonstrates good communication skills; keeps coworkers informed
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent telephone skills. Ability to communicate with customers in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health care delivery systems with special emphasis on the referral management process for managed care providers.
- Thorough understanding of insurance concepts with the ability to identify patient insurance coverage.
- Ability to be prompt and dependable.
- Computer literacy required. Ability to learn and use Tufts network programs.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential medical information.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests and assignments.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with frequent changes.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail.
- Can think independently and use problem solving skills in the absence of direct supervision.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Associates degree preferred
Two to three years experience in insurance, managed care, private physicians office practice or hospital registration setting.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in a fast-paced, high-pressure office environment. There will be significant pressure to meet or exceed goals and expectations. Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to continuous change is required.
- Constant contact with patients, internal and external physicians, payers and Tufts MC managerial staff.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching is required.
- Use of telephone and computers are required. Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.