Front End Designer
- Maryland, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Come be part of a team at Tsaboin tasked with inventing and building world-class, socially designed marketing ideas for Africa’s largest brand marketers. You’ll combine your strategic powers, strong business acumen, creativity and growing understanding of Tsaboin's platform to build business-driving ideas that set the bar for the entire industry. You’ll leverage your strong storytelling abilities to present your ideas to our clients. You’ll then work hand in hand with Sales, Product and Engineering to help our partners execute these ideas in market. We’re passionate about making brands successful in an open and connected world. This is a full-time position.
Who are we looking for: Front-End Programmer
We are looking for front-end web engineers who can help us build a compelling web presence while maintaining simplicity and usability. You should be able to think critically about a problem, evaluate the solution set, and be able to pick the right course of development given the set of constraints while adopting appropriate technologies to solve technical challenges.
Building and breaking a lot of things – You will be building front-end for our client projects as well as our own products, in a very fast paced environment! You will be working on challenging problems, and will have complete ownership of various features of the product and will have the opportunity to lead our design efforts.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- From day one, you will be contributing to the front-end coding using latest technologies.
- You will be working closely together with our designers and engineers to continually improve our web experience.
Education and Experience
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Design or similar field.
- Preferably with BE, BCA, B.Tech, BFA, BSc, MCA or similar education/knowledge.
- Fresher or 1-5 years of experience acceptable
- Must have a laptop of your own
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly.
- Knowledge of MS Office / Google Drive (Docs) and Internet Browsing, Social Networks, Web based tools, etc...
- Cross-Browser/Cross-Platform Development
- Knowledge of Image Editing Tools like Photoshop
- Familiar with design best practice for layouts, typography and usability
- Good Knowledge of modern web techniques and responsive design
- Understanding of web standards, latest tools and workflows in frontend development
- Understanding of CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation is a plus
- Experience of third party API integration – Google places, Google maps, Facebook, Analytics, etc
- Hands on experience with mockup, wire-framing tools like Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Cross-browser debugging/testing, Stylesheet languages (like LESS, CoffeeScript), FTP and SEO
- Previous Startup Experience (Full/Part Time or Internship)
- Good written and oral communication proficiency in English.
- Should be conversant in your regional language and Hindi would be added advantage
- 'Getting Things Done' is the mantra of your life and Goal driven
- Adaptability, Persuasiveness, Resilience and tenacity and Stress tolerance
- Being patient, understanding and Good listener
- Demonstrate the ability to Multi Task and Prioritise
- Flexible to work in a team as well as independently
- Adaptable to workplace changes and open to flexible work timings
Qualities we are looking for
- Imaginative and curious (about almost everything!)
- Quick to grasp new concepts and learn new skills
- The ability to communicate rationale for ideas
- Exceptional visualisation skills and An eye for details
- Provide and accept constructive feedback
- Thirst for knowledge and a strong desire to grow
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies
- Deep understanding, familiarity and skill with programming for the web.
- The ability to pick up new programming languages very quickly.
- Be able to write elegant, readable, and well-documented code.
- Deep enough understanding of technology to know what can and can’t be done, and how easy something will be
- Discussing technical solutions and providing innovative new ideas where needed
- Actively involved in technology and/or startup communities, events, workshops, conferences etc.
- The ability to construct solid, structured mark-up as well as writing and working with efficient, flexible and reusable stylesheets is preferred.
Not to worry, even if you don't have all of these key skills or education. If you are curious, passionate and willing to learn, we would love to hear from you.
We don't care how old you are, how much experience you’ve had, where you went to school or where you have worked. We DO care about how much passionate you are and what you have done though!
You don’t have to be a complete professional, we also welcome proactive students who want to work with us.