Senior DevOps Engineer
- ., ., MEXICO, Mexico
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are...
At Trustonic our products are making a difference across the world. One moment we’re ensuring low-income families worldwide can access the life-changing benefits of an internet-enabled smartphone. The next we’re protecting the safety and integrity of the vehicles we drive and the devices we care about.
We pride ourselves on living by the Trustonic culture code, a blueprint for our journey that recognises that great working environments don’t guarantee success, but bad ones almost always ensure failure.
Working here, you’ll find a company that celebrates its diversity and is looking to do the right thing: for each other, the community and the planet. We believe in equal opportunities and take to heart the old African proverb ’If you only want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together’.
We work flexibly when and where we’re at our best, but regardless of how you choose to work, we’ll make sure you feel like one of the team.
Click here if you would like to find out more about Trustonic's culture code.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
A bit about the team and what you'll deliver...
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team at Trustonic. Based in Mexico or India with responsibility for customers in the LATAM/APAC region, you will be part of a team responsible for working with wider internal teams to provide DevOps support.
The main responsibilities of the Senior DevOps Engineer role are to:
- Support CI/CD and new AWS environments creations from terraform scripts
- Take E2E ownership over speciﬁc applications, deployments & process within the team
- Interface with system architects, software engineers, QA and support engineers to help troubleshoot
- Keep all the infrastructure components up to date
- To improve the load of applications and balance
- Develop new infra in scope of development request
- Develop on Python to support lambdas and airflow
- Develop internal tools which will help to automate manual process
- Optimise the costs
- Investigate, create PoC to optimise any part of infrastructure
- Monitor and troubleshoot the operational infrastructure liaise with Telecoms Platform providers
- Develop and extend business level reporting assist with the on-boarding of new customers
- Be involved in end-to-end testing from devices to servers
- Work closely with the development teams on third line support issues
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business
- Master’s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience preferred
What makes you, you...
- 2-3 Years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Experience working with:
- Jenkins CI/CD declarative and scripted Pipelines
- Security tool, services and implementation
- Docker & Kubernetes (cluster-autoscaler, nginx-ingress and etc)
- Graphana & Prometus
- RDS and DynamoDB
- Certificate manager
- Route 53
- Scripting in shell script, python or coding in Java Knowledge of web services technologies, and remote API’s Experience managing software deployments
- Previous experience of providing DevOps functions for mission critical system Knowledge of a trouble ticket system such as Jira or Zendesk
- Ability to work within international teams
- A high degree of natural ability to be organized and organize others with influencer or external leadership skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Strong Influencing skills and negotiation/mediation skills
- Ability to motivate and drive focus for internal/external people not under direct reporting
- Ability to problem-solve any challenge with creativity, organization and patience
- Fluency in English is required as it is the business language in the Company
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Use of JIRA
- Awareness of security software
- Team player
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, small team environment
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Operate with integrity and transparency and conduct business in a proper manner
- Good creative intelligence
- Tenacious with a problem-solving approach
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.