Solution Software Engineer - Taiwan
- -, Taipei, Taiwan
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are...
At Trustonic our products are making a difference across the world. One moment we’re ensuring low-income families worldwide can access the life-changing benefits of an internet-enabled smartphone. The next we’re protecting the safety and integrity of the vehicles we drive and the devices we care about.
We pride ourselves on living by the Trustonic culture code, a blueprint for our journey that recognises that great working environments don’t guarantee success, but bad ones almost always ensure failure.
Working here, you’ll find a company that celebrates its diversity and is looking to do the right thing: for each other, the community and the planet. We believe in equal opportunities and take to heart the old African proverb ’If you only want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together’.
We work flexibly when and where we’re at our best, but regardless of how you choose to work, we’ll make sure you feel like one of the team.
Click here if you would like to find out more about Trustonic's culture code.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Solution Software Engineer to join our Solution Engineering team. You will be part of a team directly impacting Trustonic’s customers through technical implementation and integration support.
A bit about the team and what you'll deliver...
The Solution Engineering Team is responsible for the integration/implementation of Trustonic products into partner/customers commercial products, SoC or mobile devices. Trustonic products include Trustonic Secured Platform™ and Telecom Platform™. The team also develop and deliver some security technical features to provide secure and easier solutions to our partners. Additionally, we work closely with our marketing team to assist customers in understanding all Trustonic products. This includes performing product demonstrations to potential partners/customers.
Reporting to our Technical Team Lead in Asia, we are looking for a customer-focused solution software engineer based in Taiwan. You will be part of a team dedicated to facing Asia customers. Travel is expected to represent a significant proportion of time for this role.
As a Solution Software Engineer, you will deliver:
- technical support to the commercial team answering technical questions and providing technical product knowledge, advice and guidance
- direct customer technical support alongside our Sales and Product teams, with a strong focus on debugging and issue resolution, knowledge sharing
- technical product materials, prepare training programs and attend technical meetings for our customers
- a responsive triage service to customer queries, working closely with R&D and Sales teams to prioritise
- Trustonic technical solutions to our customers following initial design, implementation and testing of their components
- integration of Trustonic TEE product on diﬀerent SoC platforms (ARM-based).
- integration of Trustonic TEE product on diﬀerent OEM devices (ARM-based).
- technical support to customers during validation of the Trustonic product integration on OEM devices
- the development of secure applications for diﬀerent use cases on Trustonic’s solutions
- issue resolution support and co-ordination alongside our research and development team
- strong customer relations
Who you are...
As a Solution Software Engineer;
You will be:
- energetic and passionate about delivering great software in a rapidly growing environment
- a hands-on developer with experience in developing software products on time and with excellent quality
- a profound and solid problem-solver, often thinking of unique ways of working to improve everyday tasks
- proactive in communicating with customers, other engineers and architects
- able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, multi-cultural small team environment
- customer-focused and business-oriented, entrepreneurial with an inherent sense of urgency
- excellent in triage with the ability to prioritise projects and work
- prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done (including travel)
- analytical in mindset, able to approach a problem and devise a systematic way of solving it
- a strong team player, able to work with cross-functional and distributed teams, drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and lead where necessary
- able to work with international customers, and with colleagues based at different locations
- excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills
What makes you, you...
- 3+ years of software engineering, customer-facing application engineering experience
- experience in security products (from embedded software to cloud services, including HSMs) in a multi-national company
- experience in SoC security (from BootROM, boot-loader, TrustZone, TEE, Android security … etc.)
- native or fluent Mandarin, both written and spoken
- fluent English, both written and spoken
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related IT/engineering
Knowledge in the following areas will be an advantage:
- Secure boot
- Crypto experience
- how security relates to communication protocols and the principles necessary to provide end-to-end security
- good C language knowledge
- embedded development and debug (including hardware debugger),
- ARM technology,
- system-on-chip (SoC),
- Android OS
- Linux kernel and drivers
- Fingerprint sensors
- Secure policies and practices
- Methodological testing skills
- a first experience in embedded software or in Linux driver development
- good familiarity with version control and building tools (Git / Gradle / Jenkins)
- awareness of PKI and cryptography principles
- extensive experience in designing secure systems
- experience of Java (server/cloud or device side) or Scripting (e.g. Python)
- experience of chip vendors, e.g. MediaTek, Samsung, Qualcomm … etc.
- insight into or experience of working with the telco industry
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.