Program Manager - Direct Applicants Only
- 200 Cambridge Science Park Milton Rd, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0GZ, UK
Who we are…
Trustonic was formed in 2012 as a joint venture between industry heavyweights with strong pedigree in the secure chip design and digital security sectors. We are now part of the EMK Capital Portfolio.
Our technology gives our customers the confidence to manage risk. We embed security into smart devices and connected cars, for businesses to innovate and embrace new opportunities with peace of mind.
Over 2 billion devices are protected by Trustonic, and provide secure solutions for the mobile, automotive and banking & payments industries.
We empower telecom operators to manage the lifecycle of smartphones, we secure the connected car of today, laying the foundation for future self-driving vehicles and we are the security backbone of any digital transaction from a mobile device.
Our partners include the leading device, silicon, enterprise, identity and commerce companies.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
The Program Management & Operations (PMO) Team is responsible for planning and delivering several product lines and Professional Services projects for various customers.
As program manager, you will be in charge of all the internal projects related to one product line. This involves close interactions with related product, engineering, QA, architecture, PMO teams and reporting via the PMO organization.
The main responsibilities of the Program Manager role are:
Initiating & Planning projects within a program:
- Organize a project kick-off
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Foresee resources needs to reach the objectives
- Facilitate project planning by prioritizing tasks, identifying dependencies and work packages, setting deadlines and deliverables
- Propose and oversee timelines for engineering projects
Executing projects within a program
- Manage detailed and high-level project schedules and plans
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Operationally manage and coordinate internal and external resources efficiently
- Liaise with product managers and other PMO colleagues to translate internal and customers roadmap and requirements into engineering plans, processes
- Ensure plan accuracy and manage the associated risks
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, within budget and quality
- Provide regular project updates to various stakeholders
- Communicate, report and collaborate consistently with other managers, suppliers, customers and contractors
Monitoring & Controlling projects within a program
- Monitor & track progress, change requests, risks
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Measure performance and propose improvements
- Review budget and reassess costs with PnL owners
- Perform due diligence for necessary processes
- Assess the strengths and the weakness and possibly organize a post-mortem
Use program/project management best practices, standards
Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and executives
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or project management
- Master’s degree in software engineering / project management, or equivalent experience preferred
- A high degree of natural ability to be organized and organize others with influencer or external leadership skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience internally (product management, exec team, broader engineering team, finance, …) and externally (customers, suppliers, contractors, …)
- Strong Influencing skills and negotiation/mediation skills
- Ability to motivate and drive focus for internal/external people not under direct reporting
- Ability to problem-solve any challenge with creativity, organization and patience
- Fluency in English is required as it is the business language in the Company
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMBOK is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile approach: Scrum, Nexus
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks: Scrum of Scrums, SAFe is a plus
- Use of JIRA BigPicture, MS Project or similar project management tools
- Use of recent version of Microsoft Office tools
- Awareness of security software
- You have worked at a program management position before and have been able to plan big internal and customers challenges in a time constrained landscape using a limited number of resources
- You are familiar with complex technologies landscape or security software
- Team player
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, small team environment
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Operate with integrity and transparency and conduct business in a proper manner
- Good creative intelligence
- Tenacious with a problem-solving approach
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.