Senior Technical Product Director - Cloud Services - REMOTE - Direct Applicants Only
- .., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Director to join our Telecoms Product Management team. You will be part of a team responsible for defining & delivering a new cloud platform serving the millions of users across the telecoms market globally.
Who we are…
Trustonic was formed in 2012 as a joint venture between industry heavyweights with strong pedigree in the secure chip design and digital security sectors. We are now part of the EMK Capital Portfolio.
Our technology gives our customers the confidence to manage risk. We embed security into smart devices and connected cars, for businesses to innovate and embrace new opportunities with peace of mind.
Over 2 billion devices are protected by Trustonic, and provide secure solutions for the mobile, automotive and banking & payments industries.
We empower telecom operators to manage the lifecycle of smartphones, we secure the connected car of today, laying the foundation for future self-driving vehicles and we are the security backbone of any digital transaction from a mobile device.
Our partners include the leading device, silicon, enterprise, identity and commerce companies.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
A bit about the team and what you’ll deliver…
A member of the Product Management Team, you will be at the heart of the business collaboratively responsible in helping telecoms product team towards defining our telecoms ‘core’ platform and collaborating in the overall strategic direction. You will work with other product managers, customers, and stakeholders, whilst closely engaged with engineering teams in working through the technology component that build out the platform, inline with customer/market needs.
Reporting to our Chief Product Officer we are looking for a individual with demonstrable technical experience in cloud based device management service.
As a Senior Technical Product Director:
- Build a deep understanding of our different types of customer and users and their needs to improve our technical and operational platform capabilities across multiple facets of the products
- Be the voice of the customer - both current and future - in all aspects of technical product development and delivery.
- Collect and synthesise market requirements via intimate customer/market knowledge and insight and translate to technical requirements
- Goal - set the Cloud Technical Platform Direction – based on customer needs and commercial goals, you will contribute to defining roadmap for Trustonic’s Telecoms Cloud Platform, working closely with the CPO, Product Managers, CTO, Architects & Solution Architects
- Drive alignment and collaboration across product & engineering to optimise product development of the core platform.
- Be nimble and agile about responding to new developments, and adjusting the plan.
- Be our internal cloud expert within our product team
- Build relationships with our users and stakeholders that facilitate the highest quality collaboration and service design across our teams.
- Recommend opportunities for our product to better serve the customer needs through technology research and analytics, including collecting feedback from our customers and internal teams via interviews, sales/support calls, and other feedback loops
- Get cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and other PMs aligned and passionate about the roadmap and direction
- Continuously evaluate product-market fit, identify technical dependencies, and perform external benchmarking
Who you are…
As a Senior Technical Product Director:
You will have:
- A clear desire to work in smaller company moving at a fast pace, often charting uncharted domains, and be able to own what the direction, product leadership, drive engineering teams and expect to clear outcomes from your inputs
- Have Architecture or Cloud (AWS) technical experience, and understand how to build SaaS platforms
- Have built a platform products & services, and have demonstrable experience in working with globally distributed teams
- Have deep technical knowledge of AWS, understand Android and device management solutions
- Have experience working on SaaS, Applications, and understand the Telecoms landscape
- You are able to lead people and team down to ensure the product remain on track and on target to deliver its commercial outcomes
- You can strategically assess new opportunities and build alignment around these, and efficiently capture qualitative and quantitative data to make your case
- Strong ability to communicate with both internal partners and external prospects/customers, and synthesize their feedback
- You can work with customers' commercial and technically to help them be successful with our platform
- Deeply curious and want to understand the why, and excited to dig into the details to find the answer
- Comfortable independently developing and implementing recommended approaches to complex or ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow
What makes you, you…
- Significant experience in Technical Product Management delivering data-powered cloud products, SaaS or other mobile services or deep technical experience as product architect
- Ability to independently create proposals and presentations, manage financial numbers
- Strong understanding of the software security, telecoms eco-system is a must have.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work within startup environment is a must have or demonstrate attitude to work in a fluid & dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills are important, since candidate must work across various functional areas (engineering, sales, marketing, financial, legal and exec) and with external partners and customers; oral & written
- Candidate must have a proven ability to analyze market, technical requirements, entertain high-level architecture discussion with engineering, our customers and partners that support us to define products and solutions.
- Familiar with cloud technologies landscapes and security software
- Experience in agile methodology
- Experience with software security technologies
- Fluent English
- undergraduate degree or equivalent level of skill, experience and knowledge
- knowledge of AWS, and cloud platforms eco-systems
- awareness of security platforms
- knowledge of software development lifecycle
- knowledge of Android, iOS, mobile OEMS, silicons, and cloud platforms
- use of A’ha or similar product management tools
- use of JIRA and other engineering tools
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.