Senior AWS Engineer - Direct Applicants Only - Remote
- -, -, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are…
Trustonic was formed in 2012 as a joint venture between industry heavyweights with strong pedigree in the secure chip design and digital security sectors. We are now part of the EMK Capital Portfolio.
Our technology gives our customers the confidence to manage risk. We embed security into smart devices and connected cars, for businesses to innovate and embrace new opportunities with peace of mind.
Over 2 billion devices are protected by Trustonic, and provide secure solutions for the mobile, automotive and banking & payments industries.
We empower telecom operators to manage the lifecycle of smartphones, we secure the connected car of today, laying the foundation for future self-driving vehicles and we are the security backbone of any digital transaction from a mobile device.
Our partners include the leading device, silicon, enterprise, identity and commerce companies.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Senior AWS Engineer to join our Engineering team at Trustonic. Based in the UK, you will be responsible to develop scalable AWS solutions and to design solutions with high level design requirements.
As a Senior AWS Engineer, you will:
- Feature development, debug, and testing from an early stage of the project right through to client delivery
- Integrate and extend components exposing new features in the platform
- Constantly innovate and improve the platform and associated products
- Work with engineering team colleagues and other technical experts
- Work with QA Engineers to constantly improve the product quality
- Lead/participate in design and code reviews across the product.
- Promote and use best practices in software development lifecycle from requirements through to testing and support.
- Track and resolve product defects
- Help with L3 support efforts as required
Who you are…
As a Senior AWS Engineer, you will be..
- Team player
- Energetic and passionate about delivering great software in a rapidly growing environment
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Operate with integrity and transparency and conduct business in a proper manner
- Good creative intelligence
- Tenacious with a problem-solving approach
- Organised, rigorous and autonomous
What makes you, you…
- AWS development and design experience, including working with AWS Lambda functions
- Experience with DynamoDB, use and performance optimisation
- Experience of Kubernetes and Docker an advantage
- English, both written and spoken
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Cloud web services (AWS)
- Knowledge of RESTful web service technologies, (swagger and OpenFeign an advantage)
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages (such as Python or Bash)
- Awareness of PKI and cryptography principles
- Node.js, Python, Linux
- AWS Deployment tools (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Debugging the full stack: from UI to backend including networking
- Good familiarity with version control and build tools (Git / Gradle / Jenkins)
- Unit testing, design and implementation
- Comprehensive code documentation
- Java 8+, Spring Boot are a plus.
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.