- Remote, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Who we are…
Trustonic was formed in 2012 as a joint venture between industry heavyweights with strong pedigree in the secure chip design and digital security sectors. We are now part of the EMK Capital Portfolio.
Our technology gives our customers the confidence to manage risk. We embed security into smart devices and connected cars, for businesses to innovate and embrace new opportunities with peace of mind.
Over 2 billion devices are protected by Trustonic, and provide secure solutions for the mobile, automotive and banking & payments industries.
We empower telecom operators to manage the lifecycle of smartphones, we secure the connected car of today, laying the foundation for future self-driving vehicles and we are the security backbone of any digital transaction from a mobile device.
Our partners include the leading device, silicon, enterprise, identity and commerce companies.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team at Trustonic. Based in either Canada or the US with responsibility for customers in the Americas region, you will be part of a team responsible for working with wider internal teams to provide DevOps support.
A bit about the team and what you’ll deliver…
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- support Trustonic Telecoms and Cloud platforms
- scope grooming and estimation of Agile Stories
- support CI/CD and new AWS environments creations from terraform scripts
- take E2E ownership over specific applications, deployments & process within the team
- interface with system architects, software engineers, QA and support engineers to help troubleshoot system issues and bring to resolution
- work in a dynamic Agile environment
- monitor and troubleshoot the operational infrastructure
- liaise with Telecoms Platform providers
- develop and extend business level reporting
- assist with the on-boarding of new customers
- be involved in end-to-end testing from devices to servers
- work closely with the development teams on third line support issues
What makes you, you…
- extensive experience in the field of working with secure systems
- experience with several cloud (AWS, Azure etc.), mobile handsets (Android, iOS) and embedded/secure firmware (Trusted Execution Environment, TrustZone, modem, baseband).
- practical experience and/or certification in CISSP-ISSAP, TOGAF, or AWS Architect, or Zachman is desirable.
- domain expertise or experience of working with the telecom industry is highly desirable
- fluent English, both written and spoken
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of providing DevOps functions for mission critical system
- Knowledge of a trouble ticket system such as Jira or Zendesk
- 2-3 Years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working with:
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Security tool, services and implementation
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Graphana & Prometus
- RDS and DynamoDB
- Scripting in shell script, python or coding in Java
- Knowledge of web services technologies, and remote API’s
- Experience managing software deployments
- Ability to work within international teams
- Knowledge of cryptography and certificates
- Experience working with, querying and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience building and maintaining CI tools and scripting
Who you are…
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be..
- Team player
- Customer service orientated
- Top notch tenacious problem-solving skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, constantly evolving, small team environment
- Prepared to invest whatever effort is required to get the job done
- Operate with integrity and transparency and conduct business in a proper manner
- Good creative intelligence
- Tenacious with a problem-solving approach
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous
- Prepared to work flexible times when required
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.