In-House Legal Counsel - Direct Applicants Only
- 200 Cambridge Science Park Milton Rd, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0GZ, UK
Who we are…
Trustonic was formed in 2012 as a joint venture between industry heavyweights with strong pedigree in the secure chip design and digital security sectors. We are now part of the EMK Capital Portfolio.
Our technology gives our customers the confidence to manage risk. We embed security into smart devices and connected cars, for businesses to innovate and embrace new opportunities with peace of mind.
Over 2 billion devices are protected by Trustonic, and provide secure solutions for the mobile, automotive and banking & payments industries.
We empower telecom operators to manage the lifecycle of smartphones, we secure the connected car of today, laying the foundation for future self-driving vehicles and we are the security backbone of any digital transaction from a mobile device.
Our partners include the leading device, silicon, enterprise, identity and commerce companies.
If you would like to work in a fast-moving global technology company, with great ambition, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced In-house Legal Counsel to join our international technology business at a time when it is acquiring significant traction in a number of developing markets. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up/scale-up environment as they will be expected to advise and take the lead on a broad range of matters and play an active role in negotiating commercial agreements with a broad range of companies around the world.
A bit about the team and what you’ll deliver…
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer and working with the licensing, product, sales and finance teams you will:
- Negotiate a broad range of commercial software and related service agreements, partner agreements and supplier terms.
- Co-ordinate and manage the supply of any external legal counsel resources which may be required
- Advise the exec team on corporate matters including but not limited to business liability, HR and regulatory matters such as export control, data protection and contract/competition law
- Establish and maintain internal policies and processes, templates and guidelines to develop and improve business efficiencies.
Who you are…
As an In-House Legal Counsel, you will be:
- Self-driven, multi-tasker, efficient, collaborative, and analytical
- Prepared to invest whatever is required to get the job done
- Flexible to the changing needs of the business
- Well organized with strong prioritisation skills
- Flexible in terms of client and team support across time zones
- Able to quickly grasp complex technical software and engineering solutions
- Able to take the lead in high value contract negotiations
- Able to delegate to and supervise internal employees and external counsel where appropriate
- Commercially aware
- Able to travel occasionally to support agreement negotiation as required
What makes you, you…
- 7 or more years of solid post qualification experience in a global software or related service environment, gained in-house and/or within a law firm’s technology team
- Demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating a range of software and related service agreements, ideally within an international context
- Thorough knowledge of technology licensing, intellectual property laws, data protection and contract/competition law and able to provide clear, precise, practical advice to staff of all levels.
- Understanding of or experience within mobile technology and/or cyber security environments
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Fluency or intermediate ability in other languages desirable but not essential.
- Law degree and 7 PQE
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals, including the sales, product and technical teams across the company
- Customer and commercially oriented able to balance properly business risks vs required velocity
Trustonic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.